Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Family

To me, family means trust. Family means unconditional love despite emotions. Family means EVERYTHING! Family is not necessarily blood related or marriage related. Family means people who you can feel 100% yourself with 100% of the time and even when you're a jerk, they still forgive you and love you anyway.

I just have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE my family! I'm so excited to see my immediate family. My mom got here yesterday, my siblings get here tomorrow. They just LOVE me so much, and make me feel so good about being ME. Very few people do that for me, but my mom and siblings are some of the few.

Let's hope everything goes well. Pray that I'll be able to keep my hormones under control and my emotions in check. Believe me, I'll need it!

Also, I must say that I really, really like Bob and his entire family that I've had the chance to get to know. I'm not sure how they are feeling about the whole situation, but I'm really hoping to gain lots more family through this experience.

2 comments:

Lee Family said...

Oh Erika. I love you, no matter what!
You are an awesome sister, and I'm glad John brought you into our family. I love you for who you are. After all, if James & I die you get my kids, that should tell you a little about how much we love you :) I just wish that we could spend more time together. Life has a way of preoccupying my time. Your mom's new marriage will be an added blessing to your life. I'm sure of it. As for the hormones, you're a girl, Let em rage!! lol Well, maybe not at the wedding, but after, in the tub.;) Just remember if they rage just repeat over and over "bubble bath, bubble bath"

We'll see you guys at the reception on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Erika,
At last! I get to see your blog! I love to read it, as it seems to be the only way we keep in touch with our busy lives. You know that I love you with all my heart, and I am so GLAD John brought you into my family. I ALWAYS wanted to have another daughter, and I couldn't have picked a better one than you. I hope the new expansion of your family will become a blessing to you. I'll see you this afternoon at the wedding.
-Kami