January meant a fresh start, being swallowed by national board certification entries, and recieving a new calling to be the Young Women's president at chuch. Talk about busy!
|This little one, my friend's little girl, came into the world Christmas eve 2011, but I was sick and couldn't make it to see her until this year. One of the highlights for sure!|
|March I got to turn in the big blue monster... AKA my entry for National Board Certification. It was a TON of work, but I'm so glad I went through the process, I learned a lot about myself as a teacher.|
|My mom treated me to a delicious super nice dinner out at a fancy restaurant for turning in my National Board Certification entries. Boursin (a french cheese) stuffed steak. It was DIVINE!|
|We went to Denver for Spring Break and visited my brother, sister in law, and niece. LOVE them!|
|We also went to San Francisco for the first time. It was an amazing visit and we had such a great time. We went for one of my college roommate's wedding. So happy for them!|
|Steven Sharp Nelson|
June meant me taking my 6 tests for National Board Certification and John leaving for fish camp in Alaska. All of which happened on the same day. John treated me to a stay in a fancy Las Vegas hotel room at the Hilton Elara so I could relax before my big tests. June also meant lots of Tuffy and me time. A lot of which he spent like that! June also meant teaching summer school, amidst lots of drama, of course. And my first girls camp as YW president.
- Baby Jake was born. I got to be there, it was amazing. My SIL had him SO fast, ok, at least I thought it was super fast. I headed to the hospital about 10pm and was home by 5am.
- I also got to watch my niece Lilly for several days while her mom and dad celebrated their anniversary in Las Vegas. That little girl is SO cute and precious! I adore her! So does Tuffy!
- Then, I finally got to go to Alaska to meet up with John after 42 days apart! We had an awesome 10 day visit with my cousins, aunt, and second cousins. We fished, unsuccessfully, shared meals with each other, and saw lots of scenery. Oh, and the BEARS! FISHING IN THE RIVER! SO much fun!
August meant back to school and real life. However gorgeous sunsets like these make life worth it!
Meant Jayke's baby blessing and hanging out with John's family. Toby, the 5 year old "borrowed" my camera and its so fun to see what he sees from his point of view!
In October we were very 'cultured'. We got our new iPhone 5s, which was probably the biggest event of the month! I saw Hairspray at Tuachan in September and in October John and I saw Aladdin. Such great shows. We also saw The Piano Guys again. Of course, October meant Halloween and all the stress the Elementary School Halloween Carnival brings. but still, SO Much Fun!
|Annual Thanksgiving Feast at our house! This year Dana got to come! SO much fun!|
- This month the washing machine died.
- I tortured my poor Tuffy
- My brother got engaged!!!
- We had our annual pasole and tostada Christmas Eve Dinner with John's family.
- We celebrated Chrstmas Day with John's family and mine!! So fun to be able to celebrate with both families.
- We hosted Christmas dinner
- We bought a brand new washer and dryer.
|Tanner realizing what the gift actually is rather than what he thought it was. So FUNNY!|