Sunday, September 28, 2008
Said someone used my credit card at Kroger (it's a groery store... it owns Smiths).
They spent $465.87.
How... I don't know... but I just can't imagine spending that much money on groceries at one time. Hopefully they were smart, cause they're gonna have to find someone else's card to use now. Mine has been cancelled and a new one is on the way
Saturday, September 27, 2008
One day this summer Tuffy found an unusual place to take a nap... in the floor of the pantry
Read his story... if you think he deserves the tech makeover click on "like it" next to the number of votes. No registering, nothing, just a click of your mouse.
This year the YM and YW in our stake had thier Pioneer Trek. All that went said what an amazing time they had. For our stake primary activity we had a Mini Trek. The kids all dressed up as pioneers and did various activities including riding horses, making bread and butter, playing pioneer games and pulling/riding in handcarts. It was actually fairly cool until our group got to the riding horses and pulling the handcart activites. But the kids still had a great time!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
So to the rest of you out there here's why it's important. Christine was my very best childhood friend. She is a few years older than me, but we always had a great time together. My mom and her grandma served in church callings together, and we became fast friends. Here are a few of my favorite memories of her.
- Playing "Sonic the Hedgehog" on Sega for hours. She also got me addicted to the Bean Machine game (and yes we've bought it for playstation and John and I play every once in a while). It brings back good memories.
- Making calendars, stationary, cards, and anything else we could think of that we could print, on that very first computer I remember using without a teacher in the room.
- Girls camp, she was my "youth leader" but we still had a blast
- Sleep overs, I think we had at least 2 a month
- After church popcorn, m&ms and movies
- 1 of the 2 girls that I ever was really friends with without having drama. I mean I was 9-12 years old but even then I didn't like the drama.
Other random things I remember about my time spent with her
- really narrow hallways at her house
- 3rd story attic where the computer was
- Keeropie (sanrio frog... that fetish stuck around for a while)
- velvet patterned wallpaper
- random organ/keyboard thing in the front room
- dinner with the missionaries
- Lots of singing... we both loved it!
So Christine, I hope that soon, I'll be able to access your blog and know whats going on with your cute family! Until then, I hope you'll keep coming to read about me, and that the rest of you will stick around too.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
You Are a Question Mark
You seek knowledge and insight in every form possible. You love learning.
And while you know a lot, you don't act like a know it all. You're open to learning you're wrong.
You ask a lot of questions, collect a lot of data, and always dig deep to find out more.
You're naturally curious and inquisitive. You jump to ask a question when the opportunity arises.
Your friends see you as interesting, insightful, and thought provoking.
(But they're not always up for the intense inquisitions that you love!)
You excel in: Higher education
You get along best with: The Comma
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
#1 Self Portrait
(imagine a picture of me)
#2 Kitchen Sink
(it's clean right now, John always does the dishes)
#3 Favorite Room
(my whole house... you can look back at previous posts for this picture)
#4 Laundry Room
(its going to be a busy place today)
(bare as usual we really need to do some grocery shopping)
#6 Master Bath
(my date every Wednesday night!)
(I'm the messy one so I don't want to take a picture of it!)
#8 Favorite Shoes
(Tuffy ate them, and the replacements aren't as comfy)
#9 Favorite part of my house
(the fact that I have a house still amazes me!)
#10 Dream Vacation
10 years ago I:
1. was a sophmore in high school
2. didn't have a driver's license
3. was going to my first school dance (homecoming)
4. was taking french...
5. was living in Indiana
5 things on today's "to do" list:
1. Decorate my House
2. Finish Decorating my Classroom
3. Clean my house
4. write a letter to my brother on his mission
5. Hopefully see my brother!
5 snacks I enjoy:
1.Chocolate Chip Cookie dough Ice Cream (ok so really any ice cream will do)
3. chips and salsa
4. dark chocolate
5. humus (thanks to a fellow co-woker for the heads up!)
5 things I would do if I were a millionaire:
1. Pay off my debts.
2. have a baby
3. Buy an audi TT roadster convertible
4.Fund programs at school
5. Go to Paris
5 places I have lived:
Five jobs I have had:
2. Sales person at Country Charm
3.Short order cook at BYU Morris Center
4. After school Tutor
5. 1st grade teacher (by far my favorite)
anyone else who reads this and hasn't done it yet!
1. What is his name? John, Mr. Reyes
2. Who eats more? He does most of the time.
3. Who said, "I love you" first? we don't remember... but we both still love each other!
4. Who is taller? He is, barely.
5. Who is smarter? It depends on what you want to know
6. Who is more sensitive? it depends on the day and who's more tired!
7. Who does the laundry? We both do.
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? him
9. Who pays the bills? It depends on what bill it is.
10. Who cooks more? Definately him! (I only cook if he's not around)
11. Who is more stubborn? Both of us are stubborn
12. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? I try... but He usually is.
13. Who has more siblings? me
14. Who wears the pants in the relationship? well, I don't like wearing skirts to school so we both wear pants ;), oh the other type of pants... well we both have the issues we fight for, and neither one of us feels that we should control or tell the other what to do.
15. What do you like to do together? Everything including nothing
16. Who eats more sweets? probably me
17. Guilty Pleasures? looking at cars and trucks either at the dealership or online.
18. How did you meet? at a dance
19. Who asked whom out first? I did
20. Who kissed who first? He did
21. Who proposed? He did
22. His best features and qualities? He is patient, he is kind, he loves me, he loves kids, he would do anything to make me happy, he calms me down, he cooks the most delicious food!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
- Always hit the clear all button before making your copies.
- Do not use if someone else has set their stuff down on the copier and are standing nearby.
- Do not use if you don't know how to do what you're trying to do. Ask for help. We'd much rather help you than swear at you under our breaths when we see you throwing away hundreds of (or even 20) copies "that were wrong" or while you're taking FOREVER to make your copies.
- Do not use if there is stuff on the copier that hasn't finished copying. Be nice, look and see if you can help the other person's copies get finished. Yes we're all busy, but it's ridiculous that you would cancel someones copies rather than add paper or unjam the machine.
- Never walk away from a machine that jammed while you were making copies. If you cannot figure out how to unjam the machine ask for help. DO NOT LEAVE IT JAMMED FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO FIX. Because chances are I will have to figure out how to fix it and I will know it was YOU who walked away. Then you'll be on the bad list until I get over being annoyed.
- Wait your turn. Do not ask to cut in unless you have 1 and only 1 copy to make or your name is Lisa and you have a parent waiting. It is rude. We all have copies to make and just because you think you're great, it doesn't guarantee that the rest of us do. If you don't want to wait then get to school earlier to claim your place in line for the copier.
- Do not use unless there is paper in the machine. Check if there is paper in the machine if your copies "don't seem to be printing." More than likely someone thought their copies were done
- Check to make sure you have all of your copies and originals. Sometimes if you leave while your copies are being made you'll miss that box that says add paper. So check and make sure you got what you wanted.
- Clean up after yourself. No one likes a dirty work room, and no one likes to clean up. So the deal is you clean up your own mess and if you don't, don't be surprised if it all gets thrown in the garbage.
- Throw away paper boxes that are empty.
As my husband said "It's kinda feisty." But how else would I do it? If you want to hear the story behind the list e-mail me... It's really dumb. It just goes to show how easily I loose it when I'm tired!
Friday, September 12, 2008
I also read with each of my students this week for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised. It was great to see how well they are actually doing with the beginning reading stage. Honestly, they are so ready and willing to learn. For the most part, they all learn very quickly, too. As tired as I've been, and as hard as I've worked this week, seeing their faces light up always makes it worth it.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
For those of you wondering, Bob is also doing much better, we're hoping he's home from the hospital withing the next couple days.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Here's the latest drama (which I had nothing to do with)...Bob is in the hospital. He has had surgery. My mom is flying into Vegas tomorrow. She was planning on coming for a couple weeks at the end of the month, but now she gets to be here for a month. I'm actually really excited, I just hope I actually get to see her and spend time with her. Even though I know she's coming for Bob. (I can hope though right?)
I'm hoping for life to calm down, but maybe that is never in store for me. There always seems to be something dramatic going on. Maybe I'll write on my principal's door that I too, can no longer handle doing lesson plans... then I really would be the source of the drama! ;)