Saturday, September 20, 2008

My New Favorite Holiday

Okay, you're probably thinking... "What the...?" I know we're not through September yet, but I am so excited for Halloween! I was telling John the other day I have a new favorite holiday. I think it comes from teaching. The kids have been talking about what they're going to be for Halloween since the first day of school. It is something we really look forward to in first grade. This week, my house and my classroom will go through the Halloween transformation. I figured I'd start with my blog, thats easy to change and I don't have to find the decorations ;). I usually NEVER let on that Halloween even exists before October 1st, but I'm just so excited about it this year! So let the craziness ensue. This is going to be great!

6 comments:

SarahMarie said...

Oh I think it will be great and I have a wonderful costume. I am trying to figure out how I can do things since I have a child who can not celebrate anything in my room. So this is going to be interesting.

Lindsay said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new background. I love Halloween too. I have been a little slow about getting my fall decorations out this year. I think it might be due to the fact that I have destruction roaming my house:) Anyway, today might be the big day. But then I think if I wait one more week, I can add Halloween stuff with it and do it all in one shot. I don't know, we will see.

Jessi said...

Yay Halloween! I'm excited to live in a real neighborhood now..that way I will get real trick-or-treaters!

Tiffany said...

So do you have your costume picked out already? My only problem with Halloween is that you either have to be really crafty (still working on that) or have extra money lying around to produce good/cool costumes. But you're right - it is a great holiday!

Lee Family said...

OOOOOHHHH, WE LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!! The kids have been talking about it since last Halloween. Hee hee hee.

Alyson | New England Living said...

Halloween is my favorite too! I think that's because I've always liked spooky things and it's such a beautiful time of year.