Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Mom

Well my mom is here! It's so great to have her here! I rarely get to have her this close for this long, so while I'm not glad Bob had to get sick and have surgery, I'm really grateful to have my mom so close! I love when my mom is around. She is superwoman! She can and does do anything and everything. In the 4 days she's been here (she was only at our house for 1 of those days), she's fixed my vaccum, helped clean my house, and gotten art projects ready for my class for Halloween. She is honestly amazing. My students (from last year especially) also love her because she spoils them, and she spent so much time here. My kids this year love her already after only a few hours in the classroom. When she walked into the lunch room with me, she got attacked (in a good, loving, "we're so happy to see you" sort of way). She also loves the attention and all the hugs from the kids. She doesn't like how "mean I am" and yes she does think I am mean sometimes. Coming to school is good for her, since "she doesn't have any grandkids yet" (her words not mine). I'm so glad she's here. it makes me really excited for the hopefully not so far away future where she'll only be 30 minutes away all the time! It is so much fun!

For those of you wondering, Bob is also doing much better, we're hoping he's home from the hospital withing the next couple days.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I seriously LOVE when my mom comes to visit. It seems like she walks in my house and goes straight to the sink to do my dishes and if the dishes happen to be done (rare chance), then she gets out a broom and starts sweeping. I like to think that someday I'll be as great as our moms, but I've got a long ways to go!

Oh, and I finally remembered to add you as a link on my blog, so now I'll finally remember to check your blog more often!