Sunday, August 31, 2008

What a Saturday!

Yesterday was quite the day. John and I were both up by 6:00. Probably because we were in bed asleep by 9:00 the night before, but still, we were up early. Since we were up, we decided we would try and make breakfast up in St. George with a bunch of teachers from school. We were doing really well and were going to make it on time. Then we headed out to the car and remembered that the passanger side window on the car is broken (whatever holds it up and makes it work isn't working anymore). So out comes the duck tape to fix the window since we were in a hurry. When John went to take the tape in, Tuffy escaped. Thus ensued the chase through the neighborhood. Of course we tried to be really quite since it was only 8:15 in the morning. Luckily every house on our street has a dog, so Tuffy was quite involved with sniffing everything. We caught him quickly and headed out. We were almost to the main road when we realized we forgot our freezer bags and coolers. We can't go shopping in St. George and make it home with things still frozen without them. So back to the house we went. On our way out the second time we saw some friends and turned around to chat with them. Needless to say we didn't make it to St. George until 9:00.

We thought all the teachers would be long gone, but we pulled up and they were all still waiting to be seated. We just joined in on their group and didn't have to wait very long at all to eat. Here are some pictures of our breakfast. Needless to say, we had a lot of fun, and found things to talk about other than school. Amazing, yes I know!






After breakfast we decided to meet up again later for a movie. But we had about an hour to kill. John and I headed to Bed Bath and Beyond to buy a wedding gift for his cousin's daughter. Then we bought a shovel at Home Depot, and John found his favorite shirts at Kohls on the clearance rack... I LOVE KOHLS! Then it was over to the movie theater. All us girls saw Mama Mia (By the way, Pierce wasn't as bad as everyone had said). John went to see The Dark Knight. We sat on the top row... I now know why I never sit up there. I was so dizzy at first, it was a very odd feeling. Thanks for breakfast and the movie ladies! It was fun!


After the movie,while I was waiting for John, I called my sister. Dana and I talked about everything... it is really nice to have her back on the same continent especially now since she's only 4 hours away. While I talked on the phone John went to the various car dealerships looking at cars. If only we had money for a new car! It would be lovely right now. But oh well, heres for dreaming!


After that it was off to dinner with Riley and Lindsay. We ate at a Mexican place I hadn't been to before. (Usually John and I are making dining suggestions to them, it was fun to take them up on one!) It was really yummy, I judge Mexican restaurants on their Chips and Salsa. Fresh made chips, and excellent fresh salsa as well, so I like it! Thanks for the dinner date you two! It was fun, but then, when do we not have fun with you guys?


Then it was off to Walmart to go grocery shopping. The highlight of this trip was that we saved almost $20 using coupons. So while I may not be using all the tips, or stocking up on things yet, I am saving money which is great!


We got home to the power being off. But Tuffy had been good and the floors weren't muddy. Thank goodness! When the power came back on it was just in time for us to change and get ready to go to the wedding reception. By the time we finally made it there (after me acidentally trying to roll down the window...oops!) most people had come and gone that John wanted to see (he had family in from out of town). The decorations were really cute though and reminded me a lot of my sister and her love for gerber daisies so I took pictures. I know I'm weird, but isn't it cute!

6 comments:

SarahMarie said...

I had so much fun yesterday! We have to do something like that again, like pedicures or something. I love the pictures from the wedding too. That is what I want at mine since it has to happen before the end of the year.

Steph said...

Way cute wedding decor. Makes me want to tie the knot again so I can have a new wedding cake etc.! Which mexican place did you guys go to? What a full day you had! Glad I was a tiny part of the fun! Mama Mia was great:) See ya Monday!

Lindsay said...

You had quite the day. But looks like you had lots of fun. Dinner was great, we will have to do again soon:)

Lee Family said...

Nicole's colors and flowers are so cute. Thanks for taking pictures.

Lee Family said...

Oops, I forgot to add.....I want in on the girls night out for Twilight. I don't think James will be big on seeing it, even though he said he would take me. Such a sweet guy.

Anonymous said...

Hey Erika,
Thanks for the pics of Nicole's wedding, I was so disappointed to not be able to attend. Her flowers were so cute. Your blog looks phenominal... I can't believe the work you have put into it. Thanks for letting me check it out.
Love,
Moom