Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 19 - A Talent

I have done many things throughout my life. Here are a few of them.

Music
When I was young I played the piano. In elementary school I wrote my very own piano piece and won first place in my school and district but came in fourth at the next level, and didn't continue. In fourth grade I started playing the clarinet. I continued that through high school where most people to playing an instrument MUCH more seriously than I ever did. I've always enjoyed singing. I sang in choirs at church and with children's groups for as long as I can remember. Singing harmony and reading music are two of my favorite talents.

Arts and Crafts
I've tried everything from sewing to card making to scrapbooking to crocheting and everything in between. I'm horrible at sewing. Ok at cards and scrapbooking, and since I taught myself how to crochet, I think I'm pretty good. However, I've learned that digital scrapbooking is so much more my style.

People Skills
I tend to be everyones llama. I get to hear about everyone else's problems. I'm ok with that, and I've been working on the art of giving sound, non-judgemental advice... Although that seems to be taking much more time to get consistently good at.

Teaching
This is the obvious one to me. While this year seems like I'm starting over I'm such a better teacher today then I was 6 years ago when I started doing this. I really enjoy the teaching kids part of teaching.

Overall I have no overwhelming, outstanding talents that wow everyone, but I have what I need to be great at being me!

No comments: