Monday, December 15, 2008

I Broke my Face

If you don't want to see the pictures from me in the hospital after they got me all cleaned up then don't keep reading... they're not very pretty, but they're not too horrible either.











Well the pictures probably say enough... they definately show which side of my face I planted into the cement stairs. If you look at the bottom two pictures (the ones the doctor drew) they show which two pieces of my face I broke. Ok so their really just fractured... but i don't know if that's better or worse. They are really concerened about my eye muscles getting caught in the fracture... so I will be at some doctors offices throughout the week. I am in a lot of pain, and the medicine makes me sleepy. But Tuffy knows something is wrong and so he hasn't gotten off my lap all morning. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. I really appreciate them. Hopefully, I'll make it back to school for something this week! I think the San Diego trip is out.




It's the part under my eye and then a piece on my nose.

9 comments:

carolyn said...

Erika; it made me hurt when John told me. I guess the district is afraid I might cry if I see the picture so they have blocked it. If there is anything I can do please let me know. I hope you feel better soon or at least don't feel until you feel better.

SarahMarie said...

Erika- Of course I am at work and I can't see the pictures. But I wanted to tell you if you need anything let me know. I am here for you and I hope that you start to feel better soon.

Bethany said...

My senior year of high school I got hurt playing football. I fractured my infra orbital and malar bones (or something like that). I like to say that I "shattered my eye socket". I had to have reconstructive surgery and it took years for me to feel anything on the right side of my face. So I'm sorry to see that you too had an accident. No fun at all. I feel your pain! Literally.

Gretchen said...

Oh honey!!! I'm SO sorry that this happened to you! Know that i'm praying for you and your poor face. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Erika,
My poor sweety!!! I'm soooo sorry!!! I wish I could take your face from you, if I could I'd do it in a heartbeat! Please call me and keep me informed!

All My Love,
Mom Reyes

Steph said...

Okay. I cannot beleive this has happened! How can life be so cruel? I am really worried about you and your face. PLEEEEASE take it easy! Don't, smile or move a muscle! I want everything to get back to the way it was! You are in our prayers.

Jessi said...

I must be completely oblivious!! How did this happen??? I hope that you get better soon and that everything is alright when you reach the "better" stage! Love ya tons! I know I've 5 hours away, but seriously let me know if I can do anything!

carolyn said...

I have now seen the pictures and I feel relieved. You look sore but your pretty face is still in tact. Please take it extra careful, I like you just the way you are and I don't want to have you add any extra scars! The buzz at school about missing you should keep your ears burning. Everyone, kids included, misses you a ton!!!

Nivette said...

Acck! Did this happen at school? I'm so sorry! I think I will send you something to make you laugh and cheer you up :)