Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Round 2

So we're hosting Thanksgiving at our house for the 2nd year in a row.  We delegated much more (so it seems to me) this year.  I guess that's because last year I made all the pies and I'm only making chocolate pies this year.  I'm excited to eat on our new dining room table with the new tablecloths and napkins my mom got for us. If I would have been more on top of things I would have made a center piece, but alas, it's not going to happen this year.  Maybe next year I really LOVE hosting Thanksgiving dinner at our house.  We have a fantastic time and it seems to me that everyone else is much more relaxed and less stressed coming to our house.  I hope that's true.  I'm looking forward to a great day.  The only squabble about last year is that the food wasn't ready by the time we had said it would be.  So I instructed the cook, that I didn't care what time they planned dinner for, but that the food better be ready by that time.  It's a huge pet peeve of mine when people say we'll eat at ____ but then 30 minutes later we still haven't started.  Pictures tomorrow of my beautiful new table and setup.  I'm very blessed. 

No comments: