Sunday, April 19, 2009

Relay for Life

The American Cancer Society hosts Relay for Life across the country every year. Since my family found out about it someone has participated. The first was in 2007 the day after my father passed away. Last year it was on the one year anniversary of his passing. This year here in town I just found out it is on Friday. I of course am working and won't be able to attend. My brother already has a team back home for the June 6th I don't know if I'll make it to walk, but I will be there in spirit. I hope that through my participation I can honor his memory and support 2 members of my community that are currently battling this disease. One a wife, mother, friend, fellow teacher, and former co-worker. The other a 9 year old third grader at my school. Let's hope we find a cure for this horrible disease. Click on the picture of my Dad and I to donate to the American Cancer Society in honor of someone you know.

No comments: